Katherine Wenger’s practice emphasizes the litigation of complex business and real estate related disputes, for both private and public companies. Katherine counsels and assists companies in mergers, acquisitions, intellectual property, employment issues, corporate governance, insurance, residential and commercial real estate development, and resolving contract and financing disputes through pre-litigation counseling, mediation, arbitration and/or trial.
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Civil Litigation: Business, Technology and Real Estate Litigation
- Corporate Governance and Business Owner Disputes
- Insurance Coverage and Risk Management
- Protection and Defense of Businesses’ Intellectual Property and Proprietary Information
- Assistance to companies in obtaining insurance coverage for various disputes as they arise.
- Successful resolution of disputes regarding construction and development of commercial and residential real estate
- Counseling of clients regarding protection of copyright and trademark rights and protection of trade secrets and other proprietary business information.
- Successful prosecution of claims for defaults on various promissory notes resulting in jury verdict in excess of two million dollars.
- Successful defense and prosecution of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition claims.
Partner at Brown, Church & Gee LLP, November, 2011 – Present
Principal at Morgan Miller Blair, April 2005 – October 2011
Litigation Attorney at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, September 2002 – April 2005
Awards & Leadership:
Katherine was named as a 2010 and 2011 Northern California Rising Star by SuperLawyers, a designation received by only 2.5 percent of young lawyers in the area.
Contra Costa County Bar Association
American Bar Association
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, Northern District of California
J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley, 2002
Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law, Executive Editor 2001-2002 Member 2000-2002
B.A., magna cum laude, Wellesley College, 1999